Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7/8/2009 - Week 8


Nathan and Cousin Jeffery (going to Peru)

I got my flight plans and I am leaving the 14th. I have to be at the MTC travel office at 5am and my flight takes off at 8:40am. I am not sure if I will be able to call you because it is a direct flight, I hope I will be able to. If I can, it will be then (I think). Thanks for the post cards, they have brought me some smiles and laughs. I have such a good family! The weather has been perfect here. I did get to see the fireworks from in the MTC; they were the fireworks from the BYU stadium of Fire, they were kinda weak, but oh well :). I did get to go running with Elders Speirs on the 4th, it was much slower then the firecracker 4, lol, but still fun! While I was running there were 17 hot air balloons, I have never seen that before! I saw Spencer Fogleman yesterday, and saw Elder Jeff Wigington. He was excited to leave today. I got a good picture with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment