Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.

Monday, January 10, 2011

01/10/2011 - Week 87

I got transferred today. It was sad saying goodbye to all the great families. Everyone was sad to see us go. I am now in the North Hills ward with Elder Nielsen from Utah. He is really cool. Quick story. I first met Elder Nielsen when we were doing the week of half day exchanges, we were together. The last day of the exchanges were the day we were scheduled to teach Christine for the first time. In the middle of lounging around with a group of missionaries waiting for our companions to return, he said out load a prayer with me, praying that the appointment would go well. He seems like a really fun Elder with great faith. Things will be good. North Hills is the most north part of our mission. Elder Tui is going back to being a truck missionary moving furniture for missionaries.
Man, I am really going to miss my little buddies and families and my mission moms. I have never been so close to the members of a ward as I was in Placentia 2nd. I can't believe we got white washed.

I know a lot of the missionaries in my new district, Elder Robertson, Elder Tautua'a, Elder Farnsworth. I am feeling pretty optimistic about the up coming transfer.
Hey, I lent my old camera to Elder Court (MTC). His just broke. I hope that is ok.
Fortunately for the missionaries coming in, we got a referral for a golden investigator last week. It will be a good experience for the new greeny coming to P2 and his companion.
We taught a lot last week. One of the ladies we have been teaching is pretty much activated now, so that is good. (no missionary transition problems happening there!) The active nonmember we were teaching is pretty nervous about getting two new missionaries. He really liked us a lot. That is the status of the P2. Things will all work out
I really was well taken care of for the holidays. I have been really blessed. I might write the Stephens and Cornelius' in a couple of weeks. They were so good to us. I truly feel like family.
Elder Nielsen only has one transfer left, so that will be interesting. I may get a little trunky, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment