Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.

Monday, December 13, 2010

12/13/2010 - Week 83

I must be getting used to the work in Placentia 2nd, because it seemed pretty much the same as always. We taught the same people with not much new progress to report. 6 lessons, 2 investigators and 4 less actives, very good. Well, we got a free couch this week which is pretty cool. An old contact of Tui's was moving out. We played soccer on the wet field last week for p-day. We were sliding all over the place and got kinda wet and muddy. The ward Christmas party was this past week. I am really feeling a part of the ward family. There are 2 little boys that just love to play around with us, ninja fights, cotton ball "snow ball" fights, thumb wresting, or just showing off. I really makes me feel loved. I wore the tie to the Christmas party, and looked like a stud! Elder Tui is even starting to catch the Christmas spirit. He really doesn't like Chirstmas, but he wore a Christmas tie to the party, too. I think he is giving in. Well, we got a new bishopric in our ward. Our ward mission leader is one of the councilers, so things will be changing for us shortly.
I spent a little bit of time this week thumbing through old letters, and it just reminded me of what an awesome family I have. You guys take such good care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment