Christine got baptised and confirmed this weekend! She is so cool! We met her and the guy she met in the Ventura Singles ward this morning. She is really sad that I am leaving. I am going to miss this ward. There are so many really cool young families! Oh... Bishop performed the baptism, Elder Lee and I were witnesses.
Then, on Sunday, the 1st counciler confirmed her and gave her the Holy Ghost, and we got to stand in. The blessing I gave her last week has majorly worked. Faith is so powerful. She went to the hospital, again, the day before the baptism, and they decided that it wasn't Lupes(sp?). It is something else painful, but doesn't have life time side effects. She looked a lot better, today.
It was a crazy week, we had 4 days of district meetings. Our district leader repeated everthing he learned in last week's 4 days of meetings he went to. Also, I had two exchanges with the District leader and his companion in their area. It was a blast and took my mind off worrying about Christine's baptism :). Our district is so close! They called me last night and said they were missing me, and I haven't even left, yet, lol.
I am getting transfered to Placentia 2nd ward. My companion is Elder Tuipulotu, the crazy New Zealander, Poly from my first district. This next transfer is to be crazy in a fun sort of way, I think. Both Elder Scott and Elder Bickmore are in that district.
Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment