Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.

Monday, July 26, 2010

07/26/2010 - Week 63

Things are still going well here in the University Park ward. We just had transfers and everyone stayed the same. That is really fun; I love my district. Plus I get to escape the heat. The closer you live to the ocean the more constant the weather. We are having a really hard time finding people to teach. But the area is really beautiful, not quite as beautiful as those pictures I took, though. Since I have sent those pictures, those hills have become really yellow. We have a calendar picture in our bathroom that says, "Those who are surrounded by the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life." That is true, and it really helps me to keep going.

The only lesson we had was to Siva, the guy from India. We just connected in our minds that we had actually tracted into him 5 weeks ago. We were never able to get hold of him again because he moved within the complex. Then the single ward elders tracted into him, taught, and referred him back to us (The Lord knows his sheep). I think he is facing opposition among his friends, because he knows it is true but won't make time for us. We got him a ride to church this Sunday, and we even left our meetings early to be there to make sure nothing went wrong. Then, he came out and told us that he was going to go out with his friend rather than coming to church. Why he had to wait until right before sacrament meeting to tell us, I dont know. It is frustrating. And Bob no showed to our appointment and hasn't started reading the Book of Mormon, yet. BUT... Peggy is doing well. She is a sweet heart. and, yeah her dogs are safe. I think she will come to church, soon. Her health isn't perfect, but she is getting braver and more excited as she learns about the gospel. We spend a lot of time knocking doors and wandering around. I love wandering around. You get to enjoy the area and while doing missionary work. There are always dog walkers to talk to. Most people have a little dog, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment