Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.

Monday, June 21, 2010

06/21/2010 - Week 58

Things are going well. Elder Bickmore and I get along amazing, but my unlucky streak continues. I can't keep things happening in missionary work. We do a lot of steet contacting, door knocking, and visiting people recorded in our area book from past missionaries, but don't have much sucess. However, I have prayed and I know that our Heavenly Father is pleased with my efforts.
I am kinda sad to see Rocky leave. On Tuesday he moved to Florida. It will be better for him there. His family lives there and he will have a car, so a job will be easier to get. Those 2 Sundays he came, a lot of people spoke about the church being the same everywhere. He will find it. He is pretty much ready to be baptised. Our ward mission leader will continue to encourage him via Facebook. Yes, facebook. Things will work out.
We taught Bob again this week. It is hard to know if he is sincere. He won't read the Book of Mormon. So yeah, we will see.
Preach My Gospel says... Our Purpose is: To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receiving the restored gospel though faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, enduring to the end. That is all we can do. Silly agency, always getting in the way :).

No comments:

Post a Comment