Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

06/07/2010 - Week 56

We have a solid investigator! He is living with his mother in law, who is a less active member. He came to church and accepted a baptismal date for June 19th. His name is Rocky. He is 29 and a great guy! I will keep you up to date on the progress. We are really excited! We, also, had a young lady, who we were trying to meet with, come to mutual. We have had a hard time setting up apointments, but that is a great step in the right direction.
This ward is pretty funny. I guess, if you are from Utah this is where you vacation. So, all the Utah mormons come here and attend church at 11 by the temple of course! As a result, sacrament meeting is full way out into the gym and only half of the people are members of this ward. This past Sunday was fast Sunday, and half the speakers were vacationing here. Mormon culture is funny, bearing your testimony only when you are not in your normal ward, lol.
They all ask where I am from, hoping it is in Utah. This has been the only time in my mission where, someone was hoping I was from utah, lol
I think Eric's roommate, Jake, lives 2 streets out of my area, but I am not sure. I think it is his parents house. How small of a world would that be? I am pretty sure he didn't go on a mission so... maybe, I will bump into him.

Missionary Hazards

No comments:

Post a Comment