Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.

Monday, March 22, 2010

03/22/2010 - Week 45

I did feel the earthquake. I was on exchanges with the Zone Leaders in my area. I was woken up by a couple seconds of shaking. It was pretty cool, too bad I was so tired. We asked each other if it was an earthquake, decided it was, said "cool", and then went back to sleep. I know, boring, right. Yep, the weather is still nice. I wouldn't want it any other way, but still, the days get pretty monotoneus(sp?) around here. Things have been interesting this week. We have had appointments, which is good for a change. Too bad almost all cancled on us. oh well, what can you do? Well, my district remains as is, for another 6 weeks. However, Elder Lawrence will be the new district leader. He will do a good job. We were in the MTC together.
Random experiances: We cut an old ladies overgrown yard with our ward mission leader, met a gangster guy in a Target parking lot, got profanities yeld at us, today, while shopping, and kocked some doors and stuff. It's good.

I am happy to hear that it is starting to get warm for you. Spring is always good in Wisconsin. Thanks for the complements. I really try my best, but it is still really tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment