Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.

Monday, October 5, 2009

10/05/2009 - Week 21

Lets see... This week was good. We got to teach Bobby (young, inactive member) and his nonmember girl friend. He is really excited about taking the lessons and invited us to dinner, even though they have nothing. We won't be able to take him up on that offer until next week, unfortunately. We also taught Lauren. It was the third lesson, she received an answer to her prayers and knows the church is true. She accepted to be baptised on October 17th. It was a great! Elder Queen was really happy to see some success after all his work in this area. Well, Elder Queen is gone, now, to Newport Beach 1st ward. I am still here, and am excited to keep working with these amazing people and to start training. Yes, I have been called to be a trainer in the Orange 3rd ward. I feel very humbled, but it is good. I will meet my tainee on Tuesday. Right now, I am with Elder Lancaster and Tuipulotu for the day. Oh... and my hair looks fine and you can't even tell that there is anything wrong with it any more. Thank goodness for quick growing hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment