It is very hot here and we can definately see the smoke from the fires. I went on exchanges with one of the new Elders in my district, Elder Perrish from Centerville Utah, Saturday. All we did was tract. It was his first week, and we were in the sun all day; I felt so bad, but didn't have anything else to do.
John was at church again this Sunday, but he is still not ready for baptism. All of our appointments fell through last week, except for one, and it is a MIRACLE. At 8:30ish PM, one night, we were cruising around, deciding if we should tract or not. Then a guy said "Hey. What are you doing? Just cruising around?". We responded: we are looking for people to teach. He said: Are you Mormons?... I love Utah and would love to be taught. (Well not exactly, but you get the picture) We went and taught him this week and he is an amazing guy. His name is Billy. He had a run into with the law and it really humbled him and brought him to God. We taught him the first lesson, which he said agreed exactly with his feelings and studies. Then he proceeded to sing us the most beautiful blues song that I have ever heard, that he wrote. It was a touching story of how God had changed him. So beautiful! He said that many big music recorders had asked him to record it for them (or what ever they do), but he said "I know where that will take my life,and I don't want it. I like just sitting here and enjoying the world around me". He agreed to be baptized when he comes to amends with the law. So cool!
Oh, also, I think Elder Lawrence is still the only Spanish speaking elder from my old district.
Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment