Nathan is serving a 2-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Anaheim-California Mission. He started May 13, 2009 after completing his Freshman year as a Chemistry Major at Brigham Young University. His first 9 weeks were at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. He arrived in Anaheim on July 14, 2009. The following are snippets of his letters so friends and family can track his adventures.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
6/24/2009 - Week 6
I am doing so good, here at the MTC! I am not quite ready to go into the field to teach, yet. I got so much more to learn in the Gospel and the language, but I am excited to be getting closer to go to the field. Being the district leader has been going really well. I will be district leader for three weeks, then it will switch. I am fortunate that our district is pretty much a dream district. We all work hard and the hermanas keep us Elders in line, lol. Yeah, everyone helps me out and wants to be obedient with exactness, so it is really quite easy. They even want me to just get the mail once a day at the end, so it wont be a distraction!!! Que Bueno! Although, I haven't seen the elusive Elder Jeff Wigington, an Elder Wigington did get called to the front desk the other day. I wasn't sure if it was for me, so I called the front desk to see if they wanted a Nathan or a Jeff Wigington. They said, I don't know, but they said they had found an Elder Wigington name tag. Good old Jeff has already lost his name tag, I got a good laugh about that, lol.I thought... you know now that I am missionary I need to share some of my new favorite scriptures with you guys, here goes: 2 Nephi 4:35; 2 Nephi 33:3,12; Romans 8:16-17; D&C 45:3-5; Moses 5:11.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment